Thursday, April 2, 2009

WARNING: STATE OF DELAWARE RIP-OFFS

Attention all those who think that making some additional income by trying to sell something the legal way is the way to go. Not so if you fall for the trap that the State of Delaware tends you with the help of unscrupulous Internet companies, such as BizFilings.

Here are the details in a letter I decided to mail to Vice President Biden, for whom I have great admiration and faith:

March 30, 2009

Vice President Joe Biden
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. Vice President:

First of all I want to express to you my warmest wishes in your new position and my support to both the President and yourself for a successful recovery of our country. I have faith you will do it.

This letter has another purpose and I hope you get to read it in your busy schedule. It should not be taken as a personal request for myself, but rather as a deterrent to other rip-off perpetrated by the State of Delaware towards American citizens, like me, who try to make some additional income and trust Internet companies who pretend to represent the “victim” but don’t tell you the whole story about incorporating as a Limited Liability Corporation.

By reading the two attached letters you will realize how this crooked and complicated law instituted by the State of Delaware gets additional money from innocent people like me. Bottom line, I ended up paying a total of $700 to cancel and close my corporation for 9 months of operating as DAGONAZ CREATIONS LLC, in which period my sales were ZERO, and I was charged $250 for each year of operation, 2 according to them, although I was in existence only 9 months.
That amounts to $500. The additional $200 (for a total of $700) were fees for CANCELLATION and REVIVAL. In other words I cancelled, but for some trickery
In the Delaware State books I needed to revive my company in order to cancel it!

I feel this is a complete rip-off and I am asking you to have someone look into it. Not just for me, but for the many other people which are also being ripped off and will be taken advantage by the unscrupulous and unethical procedures by the State of Delaware.

I am sure that when you were a Senator for that state this could not have happened.

Thank you for your interest

Sincerely,

David Gonzalez

PS: My only source of income is Social Security. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis and collects disability. It is so unfair that laws like that make our lives so much harder to meet our obligations on our daily lives!

2 comments:

Machine. said...

I cant believe it!
What would have happened had you done nothing and let the company continue in its current state?
Where and how do they charge you $700?

DGA said...

The unbelievable charges are explained on my letter to Biden. No logical explanatiob, of course. By doing nothing,that is, bu not canceling I would end up paying $265 for every "year" (whatever they consider a year, like 9 months for instance). Therefore, I preferred to let the rip-off follow its course and get it over with. So far no answer from Mr. Biden's assistant to the assistant to the assistant to the assistant to probably a file clerk.