Friday, April 18, 2008

PREDICTABLE PREDICTIONS BY NOSTRODAGONAMUS

Sometimes I get these incredible feelings about the future. I see things happening as a consequence of this weak economy. I am neither an expert on the subject, nor I pretend to be. Let us say I try to see it in a logical way and that I have the virtue, among all my mistakes, of directing my instincts instead of letting them flow on a mere emotional basis. In other words, I think. Excuse me for my arrogance.



Given that introduction and without further adieu (ado?), like it is routinely said, here are my PREDICTABLE PREDICTIONS:



1. Gas will hit the $4.00 a gallon average price before Labor Day

2. The remaining of 2008 will bring more foreclosures to the point of
creating an economical chaos in the country. Various Banks will lay off
thousands of employees, which will cause a domino reaction in other
related fields, thus contributing to a dramatic increase in the
unemployment rate. At least to 7%, although we will be told that
it is no more than 5%.

3. All food products will average a 15% increase, at least through May
2009, with Milk, vegetables and fruits suffering the highest hike to
about 25%

4. The following stores will be either reducing their presence or going out
of business in the next 9 to 12 months:
Albertson's Supermarkets
Miami Subs
Gateway Personal Computers
Blockbusters
Carvel Ice Cream Parlors
Bealls
Best Buy
Joann's Craft Stores
Little Caesar Pizzerias

5. Most USA airlines will be charging extra for window and aisle seats.
Duh!


I have more in my list but enough with depressing news. Now some
good predictions, although totally unrelated to the economy, or should
I say...Precisely because they have nothing to do with the economy?:


1. There will be no major hurricanes to worry about in Florida from June
through December 2008

2. The housing market will begin its recuperation around April of 2010.
It will be a gradual improvement, which will reach its zenith sometime
during 2014. However this recovery at its highest point will be at
least 5% below the overinflated house market we experienced before
we started the plunge.

3. At least 50 % of our troops in Iraq will start the return home in the fall
of 2009. That in itself is a victory, although no one can define what is
victory in that war/invasion.

4. Both the Miami Heat and the New York Knicks will be in contention
for the playoffs during the 2008-2009 season. Laugh all you want.

5. This one is more believable...The Yankees will finally win it all in
2008. Sorry Mets fans!
6. I, therefore predict that Yankees fans are now liking me; while Mets
fans think I am an asshole. I can take it.

We now come to the end of my predictions with a Grand Finale...
I predict that no matter how bad Obama or Hillary may perform during their mandate, either one will make us forget George W. Bush. Thank God! (Yes, I am discarding McCain. Please! You didn't think I was going to predict he would be our next President!)

THE END

1 comment:

Machine. said...

So far some of your predictions have come true. Very interesting.
However,
let us review your ENTIRE track record, shall we?
1. You are right. Perhaps you didnt say $5 because it may go to $4.9999999999 but over it...Let's pray.

2. Right again. You are batting 1.000 thus far.

3. Okay I screwed up. I thought #2 was #3 and vice-versa. So this is really 2, and to that I can tell you that you are right to a degree. Who knows what will happen to most bankers (and truthfully who cares? most bankers are lousy human beings - especially all that work for JPMorgan Chase-the God-Awful worst banking institution in the solar system!

4. I bet you are happy about Gateway arentcha? Why don't you also add Red Lobster's while you are at it too?

5. Almost correct. You forgot to add that even the baggage, which has no seat, is also being charged more too. $15 per checked bag with American, for example.

And now for the good predictions...
1. Haha Haha. Better get that ladder ready! You will need to lower those shutters soon!

2. Yah. Okay, I agree here.

3. Sure. I give you this one too.

4. Not a chance in hell. The only playoff the Knicks will be in playoff contention will be for the annual parchisi tournament held in Czechoslovakia.

5. I will make you suffer for this prediction.

6. All of all the predictions, both good and bad, this one is by far the most accurate statement you have made.